Wednesday 28 February 2018

Easy Apple Pie Filling for Apple Tarts

I wanted to make an easy and quick dessert....nothing too fancy but tasty and filling and it definitely had to satisfy my sweet tooth.
I also had to have all the ingredients on hand.

I knew exactly what would fit the bill perfectly...homemade Apple Tarts.

Apple Pie Filling is so easy to make if you prefer the fresh apple taste over the canned stuff.

Easy Apple Pie Filling

4 apples, chopped in small pieces 
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water
1 tablespoon corn starch 


 Start by peeling and chopping the apples into small pieces.

I used the smaller apples which I find easier to handle.


Place them in a pot with the butter and cinnamon and sugar (I used a few shakes from my Cinnamon Sugar spice bottle).
Stir and cook till al dente.
In a  small bowl mix the corn starch in a little water until fully dissolved.
Place this mixture in the pot and continue stirring until the apple filling thickens.

Turn off the stove and place the mixture in a bowl to cool until needed.

Tart Crusts
 

1 package of Digestive Biscuits crushed

 1/2 cup of melted butter ...you may use more melted butter if you prefer.

 Mix together and place in mini tart pans.
 Bake for 5-7 minutes.

Remove from oven and fill with the apple pie mixture or jam.
Bake for a further 15 -20 minutes until done.
 May be served with a big scoop of ice cream if desired.
Enjoy!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...