Friday 17 February 2017

"An Evening of Kindness"

On Valentine's Day when I delivered the Valentine's goodies to the RSPCA veterinary staff, an invitation was hand delivered to me.
"We'd love to see you there!" they all chimed.
"Uh...okay", I replied.

I've been quite busy recently, but I knew I had to be there.


Yesterday afternoon I attended "An Evening of Kindness" at the RSPCA and it was a lovely event.
To be honest anything that remotely has a "kindness" factor attached to it, I am there.

Arriving early works well for me at most events since it allows me the time to take as many photos as I want unhindered.
The lovely new RSPCA Building

 Well stocked Bar
Guests who love and respect animals were in attendance.

 A special event to say "THANK YOU!" to all the generous sponsors and donors who contributed to the building of two new kennels.
 An event to say "THANK YOU!" to anyone and everyone who has stood by them in any way.
 An event to humbly give back to all who gave to them.....brought tears to my eyes.
I saw a few old faces, including my old School Mistress....it was so good to see her after all these years.



The DJ
Silent Auction 
Lots of lovely items to bid on
THANK YOU in every language says it all.
In the background this was playing...Try a Little kindness


Dr. Huey has a BIGG sense of humour....he always makes me laugh.

 The two new kennels.
The House of Coby
The House of Gracie
 The House of Coby
 Gracie's Journey
Here is Gracie starring in an Adot-A-Shelter-Dog video.

 The House of Gracie

 Donation Table
 Dr. Huey hustling away (as usual) to attend to other guests after planting a big kiss on my cheek.
 Inspector Wayne Norville....without him many animal lives would be lost.
He is The Saving Grace.
 Reception Staff...these ladies always greet you with a warm welcome.

 Friendly catering staff took care of the invitees all evening.
Cocktails and tasty canapés kept the palate entertained.
Every single word of the thought provoking and sincere THANK YOU speech was taken note of by yours truly.
I want to do more.





 These caring and loving folks work very hard with a dedication that is second to none.
It was nice to see them enjoying themselves and being recognised for their hard work.
To all of you, you already know how much I love you all....oh yes and Brownie has tons of love for you too.
Keep up the good work!!!

I must make a special note of the professionalism of the Event Planners...they did an incredible job....their flawless execution of everything...from the decor to the food.... made for a wonderful evening....well done!!

You don't have to worry....YES...a small morsel traveled home with me for you know who.

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see".....Mark Twain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...