Friday 18 December 2015

Down to the ground....down to the ground!!

Remember those words from the "Down to Zero" song by Joan Armatrading?  Okay don't answer that because then you will be dated just like me, but hey it's an old song from back in the day, and this morning when I heard the loud crash and saw the calamity before me...all I could sing was "Down to the ground....down to the ground!!"

 My poor back wall had sported a huge crack for the longest while as a result of the torrents of rainfall that had smashed against it over the years.  It was barely standing and I was hoping it would stay put until the new year when I would find the right workmen to come by and rebuild it and install drainage holes to allow the water to escape safely.
I guess Mr.Wall was tired holding on, and was probably thinking, "Yuh see me...I had enough of dis", so this morning after a few hard gusts of wind I heard the crash of bricks hitting the ground.
Imagine the look on Brazen's face when he ran across the wall, and stopped in his tracks with a puzzled look on his face....I laughed so hard.
 

Brownie had a quizzical look on his face too during his lunchtime romp in the garden.  I will have to keep an eye on him to make sure that he doesn't attempt to jump over the "wall" to go after Brazen when he comes by.
The gaping hole will be patched up for the time being to stop any "wannabe trespassers" from entering the property.
So there we have it, the very first project on the agenda for 2016....one of many I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. It's a good job no-one was below it when it fell. Unless, of course, there is something buried under there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...