Thursday 23 April 2015

How Bazaarre

Since I'd been extremely busy lately, I really didn't have the energy to go on my Saturday jaunts as I love to do, however last weekend I was lucky.
My daughter's cousin had arrived to stay with her for a few weeks, and I didn't want to invade their space by going over to work, so I kept my distance and took a lovely jaunt to The Great Strathclyde Bazaar which was being held that Saturday.
I love being outdoors and enjoying the warm gentle sunshine, meeting up with friends and striking up conversations with friendly folks, and most of all learning new things.

The large lawn was dotted with tents and stalls with all kinds of everything.

Lovely paintings for sale

Mirrors framed by cork and rope trimming

Craftworx Designs, a local company creating wood products of exquisite craftsmanship.
I had a lovely chat with the owner and he told me that he and his wife make the lovely creations.
I was impressed.
My girlfriend in Virginia reads my blog and I saw an item that she would love.  She enjoys Calligraphy...is that a hint or what?


From their website I learned the following:
"While the best known wood in Barbados is Mahogany, we have broadened our horizons and use woods such as Guava (one of our favourites), Ackee, Dunk, Sea Grape, Black Willow, Neem, Pittosporum and even Breadfruit. Our aim is to show that all woods have a use, so we are constantly adding to our raw materials."
I had no idea that wood items could be made from all our local everyday trees...learned something new...love that.

There were several stalls selling local Bajan delicacies (including tantalising cheesecakes),clothing, jewelry and household items, as well as various vintage items..
I obviously had to buy a few "hot out de pot" fishcakes for me and you know who....I also took some for breakfast for daughter dear and her cousin.

 I also had a good peek at the plants available for purchase.

I've just realised that I didn't take enough photos, I got caught up in the ambiance of the whole affair.
Maybe next time.

4 comments:

  1. I love markets like that one. It's something I'm looking forward to doing when we move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be careful at the flea markets though...only leave home with the amount of funds you want to spend for that day....no matter what.....although I see now that even the smallest entrepreneurs have swipe card facilities....that doesn't help us does it?

      Delete
  2. I'd have been in my element at that. I, too, love such events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GB just being outdoors does so much for my spirit whether working hard in the garden or just enjoying the beauty around me.
      It's funny, but I look forward to weekends just as much as when I was gainfully employed.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...