Sunday 23 November 2014

The sun shone today!!!

Today was a beautiful day...the sun finally came out and warmed the earth, and everything was more or less back to normal temperature wise.
A nice bright sunny day meant that it was time for you know who to have a bath.
That's his towel all hung out to dry after a lovely scrubbing and toweling off.
 Here he is feeling quite smart with himself .

Soaking up some lovely rays of sunshine.


 I am a sunshine girl, and believe me, my spirits were lifted today when the sun peeped out early this morning.
 I couldn't get lost in the garden as I would have liked because it will take a little while for the waterlogged soil to dry out.  I would have loved to be able to pull some weeds in the garden but that will have to wait.
I have promised a friend a few ginger lily plants and it remains to be seen if I will be fighting a losing battle trying to dig them out of the cloggy soil tomorrow....wish me luck.
In the meanwhile another photo of Mr.B.


7 comments:

  1. Just catching up on reading. Now how can I send you some of our sunshine and you send us your rain. We haven't had rain for so long the plants in our garden are barely alive.
    Missy had a bath yesterday too. Does Mr Brown get extra energy after a bath. Missy runs around and plays like a puppy . It's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a bath, Brownie seems to be re-energized, and runs all around scampering madly all over the place.
      He loves to be towel-dried and has a great time tossing around in the towel, but I always have to keep an eye on him that he doesn't make a mad dash to roll around in the garden and get muddy.....seems to be a dog thing.

      Delete
  2. Well I'm glad that your sun has returned. It was interesting reading about your weather. When I said 50 weeks I wasn't suggesting that the two good ones came at the same time! They are spread out: the occasional day, the occasional hour perhaps. In the Hebrides we can have all four seasons in a single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear GB you made me laugh, how can one decide when to visit then?
      Seems like you have some really crazy weather, four seasons in one day may be too much for me.

      Delete
    2. You just have to have faith, hope for the best and remember that people don't come here for the weather but for the beauty and grandeur and peace and solitude and........

      Delete
  3. Oh that is where all the rain has gone ;) Those ginger lilies should be easier to dig up now the ground is soaked. I am a sunshine gal too, but at the moment would love some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has gone away again, but I will make an extra BIGGG effort to dig the ginger lilies out soon.....now that the earth is rock hard....smile.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...