Friday 14 November 2014

The best companion in the world!!

Brownie "Heavy B"
Hi, it's me Brownie.  I thought it was time for me to show my face on this blog again.
Mum has been pretty sad since my dear master passed, and it has been up to me to keep her on track.
I am there for her every minute of the day....and I mean every minute of the day......she even had to shoo me out of the toilet the other day when she was doing her business....but I just wanted to make sure she was okay.
I know she doesn't feel much like eating, and has been enjoying more snacks than usual, but you know what that means....I am enjoying more snacks too.
Yes, I'm sad too and she makes sure that I get extra hugs and cuddles, and together we make a great team of comforting each other.
A couple of days ago while she sat on the patio just staring out to sea , I tried to get her attention by jumping up and pawing her lap so she would lift me up for a cuddle, but guess what she called me......."Heavy B"..... and lifted me on to this other chair instead.
Isn't she rude to be calling me "Heavy B?"  Just because she weighed me the other day and I am now 21lbs, and according to my dear old vet "I could do without eating for a few days," she is calling me "Heavy B"....the nerve.
Don't worry about Mum feeling lonely, she has me...."Heavy B".....the best companion in the world!!!

9 comments:

  1. You've even managed a portrait of a sad Mr Heavy B. I wish for you a lighter heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You picked up on that too, Mr. B does have a sad look on his face, but we'll both be okay, and our hearts will be lighter in time to come.

      Delete
  2. I agree with GB: I hope your burden eases and your heart feels lighter. But grief is a sneaky thing that creeps up on us just when we think we've passed it. As for my clematis, it will survive just fine and be bigger and better. It was a miserable pile of sticks by the time I cut it back. It was a truly horrible sight thanks to a ripped soaker hose and depleted soil. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy I am glad that you have so much faith in the survival of your clematis....I hope that one of these days there will be a stronger and more robust cultivar that will do well here in the tropics.
      Grief is a sneaky thing, but I am doing better as the days go by.

      Delete
  3. Hope you and Brownie feel better soon. Dont try to rush things though - grief follows its path and we need to allow it that time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, grief is certainly something that can't be rushed to an end...we will heal with time.

      Delete
  4. Some dogs seem to sense when we need more TLC don't they. A look or a cuddle can be worth more than any words.... and from one chubby puppy to another Missy says "Don't worry Mr B, more of you to love"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More and more of Mr.B to love that's for sure....like me his appetite is returning to its former glory days.
      He is a very sensitive dog, and he is just wonderful at comforting us both.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I checked them out after your last post and I'm totally obsessed. 
    Veterinary Medication Vials

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...