Monday 10 February 2014

Going with the FLOW

After many months of waiting....today was the day that my internet system was upgraded.
The acquisition of my old internet service provider Tele-Barbados by Columbus FLOW Barbados, means that I now have an advanced broadband internet service, which really equates to more speed.

Columbus also provides services in many other Caribbean islands as well as Central America and the Andean region. With the company's fully protected, ringed submarine fiber optic network spanning thousands of kilometers, we now have advanced telecom services encompassing digital cable television, high speed broadband internet and digital land line telephony in both residential and corporate areas at a reasonable price. The reasonable price plays an important role here, since these services were available before but with a high price attached....hence I was never interested.
I like value for my money.

I've been privy to great service with TeleBarbados over the years, and I'm looking forward to continued good service with the new company.
An appointment was made for installation today between 8am - 12 noon, and at 8.30am a nice young chap arrived and got to work.

First my service needed to be connected to the main distribution line


 The rain threatened, but he continued to work ahead.



The newest baby in my world of gadgets

As I write this post, I am cruising along at a faster speed and enjoying watching my website pages load in the blink of two eyes.
I love the fact that there is a speedtest page that I can check my internet speed at any given time.


http://speedtest.flowbarbados.co/

The other company which shall remain nameless has a lot of catching up to do.  "Nuh name, nuh lock up."
As always, I give credit where credit is due.....
Thank you Roger for your exemplary service and your patience with my queries during the installation process.....you are a definite asset to your company.

2 comments:

  1. Whilst there are many benefits of living in a rural area high speed broadband is not one of them unfortunately. I play the Glad Game though. I have broadband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot to be thankful for GB living in two countries like you do.
    For me it's the progress in technology and the constant change in the services being offered that one must subscribe to.
    There is no other way. All the internet providers here now offer high speed internet, so the change was inevitable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...