Friday 5 July 2013

Cats-a-howling


 Image from freedigitalphotos.net

Picture this...
1.33am......in a deep and restful sleep.
I was suddenly awakened by the worse howling an animal can make.  Scared the bajeepers outta me I tell you.  For a split second, I thought maybe Brownie was ill and in pain, but as the noise filtered through to my senses, I realised that what I was hearing was the blood curdling howling of cats defending their territory.  The worse YOWLING that I have ever heard.
The two of these male "tom cats" had decided to carry out this exhibition on my wall just outside my bedroom window. What a commotion.
I didn't appreciate these two "breaking up my night's sleep."
I rolled over and tried to block the noise out with a pillow over my head, but to no avail.  It seemed as if they were right in my room.
The decibels became louder and louder, until I could take it no more.
I got up and went outside, and tried shooing them away....they totally ignored me, so engrossed were they in not admitting defeat to the other.

Of course by now, you know who is barking up a storm and going crazy at my feet.
I clapped my hands loudly to distract them and frighten them.....didn't even phase those two.
Next, I threw my shoe at the two yowlers, and they gave me a look like "Really? Is that all you've got?" 
In the glint of the moon, I saw the garden hose.  Cruised over to it like a thief in the night and picked it up.   I was now in warfare mode.  Turned it on and hit them full blast.  They scampered away still howling at each other.
By then I was wide awake, and knew I wouldn't get back to sleep in any hurry.
Time for some tv infomercial viewing....my credit card safely in my purse.

Did I mention it was 1.33 in the flipping morning?????

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I haven't got a garden wall! I can't ever recall anything like that here on Lewis but being woken by a possum stomping along your deck or across your roof is pretty nerveracking until you work out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure I'd like to have a possum stomping across my roof....must be quite noisy.
    Some years ago, a friend of mine remarked to me that one night the monkeys were quite noisy on her roof. Told her that monkeys do not travel at night.
    The following day when she turned her tv on she realised that it was a thief on her roof the previous night and he had stolen her antenna!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...