Sunday 9 June 2013

Sad news gardening

This morning when my phone rang early, I thought it was one of my friends just checking in.
It was indeed one of my friends checking in, but with very sad news.  His mum had passed away in the hospital last night. She was another one of my much loved "Mums" who inhabit my life. A darling lady, with whom I had just had a long laughter-filled chat only a few days ago.
The tears fell and fell and fell.

Every time someone dear to me passes, I am plagued with an avalanche of flies in the house. Today was no different. Even though there are insect screens on the windows, the house was inundated with flies...happens all the time. Have no idea where they arrive from, but they hang around for a while, and then vanish as quickly as they came. Don't ask, I don't know why.

I thought I would spend the day in the garden, where I could meditate and have my thoughts all to myself.
My day in the garden went a little something like this:
Decided that the Pomgamia needed a real good trim. It had grown a bit too high, and was now blocking the view of the harbour from the patio.
Borrowed my neighbour's pole saw and started to do the deed.


Of course you know who kept an eye on the proceedings as only he can.


This looks kinda dangerous. Better keep my eye on this thing.
Wonder if it's this thing that's making Mum cry
I have got this under control

Do you see Mr. Daredevil?
I had already warned him twice to be careful, and he sits right down beside it

Trimming underway
Took a water break and snapped this photo

All finished
Now my view of the coast is no longer obstructed.
I miss "Mums" already.

4 comments:

  1. Just saw the title to your post and had to come and say 'hello' (I'm still a bit behind with my blogland reading) and let you know that you are in my thoughts. There are rarely any words in circumstances like this which can give peace. We grieve for the hole left in our lives, in our hearts, even though the person who has passed on is at rest. I feel for you because of that loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such kind words GB, they mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you have lost someone special. That memory of your last conversation will be a blessing that you will always have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your condolences.
      I am treasuring the last conversation with her in my heart...if only I had known then, I would have talked far longer.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...