Tuesday 18 June 2013

New look

Well, it had to be done.
I had decided that I wanted a nice new header for my blog. A lovely photo of an evening sunset which I'd taken earlier this year.

My sunset photo header???????????
I tried to incorporate it into my blog, but it just didn't fit properly nor did it look right.
That's when I decided it was time for  a complete different look.......and so it began.
New template......different fonts......different colours.......more widgets.....and on and on it went.

My favourite colour is black so the darker background was a no-brainer.
I like simple patterns, hence the backdrop paisley-like pattern made an appearance.
Folks seemed to think I was a lurker because my photo did not appear on my blog....what??? Maybe they thought it was really Brownie that was penning the posts. The time was right for a "Me" photo.
I found this photo editor site online which allowed me to upload one of my photos and then choose one of the Featured Effects.  I chose Inkify and I was pleased with the result.
Still a few more things to tweak here and there, but CSS coding is not familiar territory for The Virginous One.......so I'm taking my time. Remember "taking your time ain't laziness."
I also found some great "hand-holding" help on Google's product forums.
Met a terrific guy who is a Top Contributor from Sydney, who helped me tremendously with all the little bits of code that I was missing. Thanks Peter!!!
Maybe the sunset photo header will show it's face one day, who knows?
It's  still a work in progress, but I like it.

6 comments:

  1. Good job with the new layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica, I really enjoyed working on the new design.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I am just blog hopping. Looks like you are in the mist of redecorating your site. I really dislike changing templates etc. Too much work involved and I am quite computer illiterate. Keh keh keh or lazy, in another words. Happy blogging to you and have fun redecorating your sites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aries, thanks for dropping by my blog.
      I hopped over to your blog and spent some time reading and I enjoyed it.
      Nice to meet you and Muffin and your family.
      You're welcome back here anytime.

      Delete
  3. I do like your new look and particularly the orange typeface for certain things. The white type is also much more readable than some white on black. Oddly I rather had you as a person who would like a less sombre background. I have to say that it is lovely to be able to put a face to a name.

    It's quite a long time since I altered my layouts or templates. It may remain a long time although I do enjoy it when I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks GB....glad you like the new look.
    I'm still doing some fine tweaking. The Post Titles are supposed to be in orange, but they keep changing, and I have no idea why.
    Thanks to the photo, I'm no longer a figment of your imagination.
    The ghost writer is no more!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...