Saturday 3 November 2012

Tell Mama....


I'm going for a walk......


I had just finished watering my ZZ plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia) by the kitchen door, and put away the watering can.
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this earthworm making a getaway.  Where the heck was he off to?
Yes, it had to be a he, only a he would not be satisfied with the lovely soil, and the lovely pot, and the lovely ambiance of the kitchen, and want to go elsewhere.
There is actually another ZZ plant in another pot on the other side of the kitchen.....maybe that's where he was off to.
I did not want him to get hurt/dry out on the floor so I carefully replaced him in the pot, where he buried himself back into the soil so quickly, that I stood in disbelief at the speed at which he disappeared.
- Mama....I'm home!!!
- Didn't know you had left.
- Yes, I ran away, but "the woman" put me back in the pot.
- That was nice of her.
- Not really, I wanted to run away and join the circus......
- Go clean your room!!
- Aww Ma!!

2 comments:

  1. You gave me a good chuckle this morning. A good chuckle first thing in the morning is a good way to start the day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could bring a smile to your face.
    I had no idea that earthworms were in the house pots, so I was thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...